Call for Papers
The Online submission of papers for JSSA winter 2021 & onward must be done through Online Journal System(OJS)
Journal of Security and Strategic Analyses (JSSA) is an HEC-HJRS recognized Y-category journal. It is the premier bi-annual research publication of Strategic Vision Institute (SVI). JSSA is a double blind peer- reviewed journal with a focus on contemporary issues of peace, security and strategic studies.
Research papers are solicited for publication in the JSSA. The papers should be research based academic policy analysis. No lengthy historical backgrounds are needed because our target audience at this stage is informed academic, diplomatic and policy- making community.
However, papers must have a clearly defined methodology, duly supported with literature review, and theoretical assumptions.
We welcome papers under the following categories, with ballpark figures for word limits:
• Research Papers/Articles (4000-6000 words including footnotes)
• Book Reviews – current year publications ONLY (1000-2000 words including footnotes)
• For footnotes kindly follow Chicago Manual 16th Edition
• Single Authored contributions will be given preference (collaborative research papers should not have more than 2
• Similarity Index must not exceed 10% overall and 2% from a single source
Papers/Articles must conform to the following guidelines:
- The papers should be sent at Online Journal System
- Each Article must be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 250 words. The abstract must be in a separate word document.
- Please provide Author details with your paper, including qualifications and institutional affiliations. These details are to be provided in the first footnote of the paper.
- For Book Reviews, please describe the subject of the review clearly, including the author, title, publisher, year and pages of the book.
- All work must be original. Articles must be submitted along with Originality Declaration Form.
- All articles must be submitted only in MS Word format (.doc or .docxextensions).
- No border, cover pages or title pages are required. Mention the title of the submission once in the beginning of the piece, followed by the author’s name.
- British English spellings should be used.
- References must be footnoted according to Chicago manual 16th edition. Chicago-Style Citation All references must be cited in simple text. No formatting is required for the citations.
- Submissions are promptly acknowledged within a few hours of the receipt of submission. The decision on publication will take approximately 4-6 weeks after the receipt date.
- The papers will be subjected to double blind peer-review that will be communicated to the authors and published only after the reviewer’s comments are taken into consideration. The published updates may subsequently appear on our website with the consent of authors.
- For further details you may visit the JSSA website at
- To see the basic structure of research article Click here
JSSA accepts research articles on following themes:
Peace and conflict studies, human security, energy security, terrorism/counter terrorism, internal and external security, international security, geopolitical issues, security and strategic studies, nuclear deterrence, nuclear non-proliferation, nuclear safety and security, strategic stability, and doctrines.
However, issues pertaining to domestic politics, social/ethnic/racial/religion and economic domains do not fall within the purview of JSSA, and will not be considered for publication.
Authors may like to see Contributions submissions guidelines for OJS at:
Authors can also access Article submission and processing guidelines at:
All contributors should submit their contact information, a short biography and an abstract to Online Journal System
Submissions not based on guidelines for contributors will not be acceptable.
In order to meet the deadline for peer reviewing, editing and printing tasks, kindly send your manuscripts (written exclusively for the JSSA) by the mentioned deadlines.
Submission deadline for the JSSA, Summer issue: End of February
Submission deadline for the JSSA, Winter issue: End of August