Article Submission, Reviewing and Processing Guidelines
Journal of Security and Strategic Analyses (JSSA) is a bi-annual double blind peer-reviewed journal published by the Strategic Vision Institute (SVI), focusing on contemporary issues of peace, security and strategic studies.
The papers should be research based academic policy analysis. No lengthy historical backgrounds are needed because our target audience at this stage is informed academic, diplomatic and policy-making community.
However, papers must have a clearly defined methodology, duly supported with literature review, and theoretical assumptions.
Papers/Articles must conform to the following guidelines
- Single Authored contributions will be given preference (collaborative research papers should not have more than 2 authors maximum).
- In case of co-authored paper (not more than 2 authors) email address of the second author must be provided in the contributor's check box
- Similarity Index must not exceed 10% overall and 2% from a single source.
- Papers/Articles may have 4000-6000 words including footnotes
- Each Article must be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 250 words. The abstract must be in a separate word document.
- Please provide Author details with your paper, which must include qualifications and institutional affiliations. These details are to be provided in the first footnote of the paper.
- Book Reviews – current year publications ONLY (1000-2000 words including footnotes).
- For Book Reviews, please describe the subject of the review clearly, including the author, title, publisher, year and pages of the book.
- All work must be original and not published anywhere. Articles must be submitted along with Originality Declaration Form.
(Filled by hand in legible writing along with Signature)
- All articles must be submitted only in MS Word format (.doc or .docx extensions).
- No border cover pages or title pages are required. Mention the title of the submission once in the beginning of the piece, followed by the author’s name.
- American English spellings should be used
- References must be footnoted according to Chicago manual 16th edition.Please follow the link:
All references must be cited in simple text. No formatting is required for the citations.
Structure of the Research Article
- Article Title (Must be relevant to the Journal theme)
- Author Name, Affiliation, Email & Mobile Number.
- Abstract (Not more than 250 words)
- Keywords ( 5 to 7 words)
- Introduction ( Up to 500 words)
- Review of Literature (Reference to the existing literature, data sources used, criteria/mechanism followed in selection of sources, research gap)
- Main body
JSSA accepts research papers on the following theme:
Peace and conflict studies, human security, energy security, terrorism/counter terrorism, internal and external security, international security, geopolitical issues, security and strategic studies, nuclear deterrence, nuclear non-proliferation, nuclear safety and security, strategic stability, and doctrines.
However, issues pertaining to domestic politics, social/ethnic/racial/religion and economic domains do not fall within the purview of JSSA, and will not be considered for publication.
All contributions should be submitted through Online Journal System (OJS)
The first time contributers must register themselves on the Online Journal System(OJS). Please find the detailed guidelines for submission to the Online Journal System Here
Submissions not based on guidelines for contributors will not be acceptable
Article Processing and Reviewing
Once the article is submitted by the author it undergoes a rigorous three tier double blind peer review process
Submissions are promptly acknowledged through email within a few hours of the receipt of submission.
- Desk review being the first stage of assessment is carried out by the Editorial Team. The article is assessed for following points and usually takes 4-5 working days:
- • Originality Test (Plagiarism Check through Turnitin)
- • Relevance with the scope of Journal
- • Compliance with the submission guidelines
- • Unpublished work and not under consideration by any other journal
- Author if wishes, can withdraw the paper at this stage only.
- After passing the Desk Review, research article is further processed for double blind peer review process (once considered for that, papers cannot be withdrawn by the author)
- Each paper is reviewed by two subject experts of international repute from the relevant fields
- In the second stage, the paper is double blind reviewed by the National Reviewer and any changes or revisions suggested by the reviewer are communicated to the author. The author is expected to incorporate the changes before the paper is considered for next stage of Review
- In the third stage, the improved paper is double blind reviewed by the International Reviewer and any changes or revisions suggested by the reviewer are communicated to the author. The author is expected to incorporate the changes before it is considered for publication.
- Each Review Report may carry one of the four recommendations by the Reviewers:
- • Accept without revisions (rare)
- • Accept with minor revisions (re-writing, updating, elaborating certain sections)
- • Accept with major changes (could involve revisions in methodology, factual corrections, ambiguity of arguments, inappropriate methodology, improvement in abstract etc.)
- • Reject
- The decision on publication approximately takes 8-9 weeks after the receipt date.
- The papers are published only after the reviewer’s comments are taken into consideration.
- The decision on publication is duly communicated to the Author through email.
Article Submission deadlines
Call for research article submission is issued twice each year with following deadlines:
- For Summer (June) issue: No later than the last week of February
- For Winter (December) issue: No later than the last week of August
There are no Article Processing and Submission Charges
- Modest amount as honorarium is paid to the Reviewers (National and International)
- Author(s) are not paid for their contributions to the JSSA as is mentioned in the Article Processing and Submission Charges
Source of Funding
Higher Education Commission (HEC) - Ever since the recognition of JSSA in the Y-category by the HEC-HJRS